At the start of the ‘lockdown’ we advised you of the government guidelines with regard to your cleaning and we now have an update on those guidelines.
The government is advising all cleaners can return to work from this week. This is dependent on the following social distancing guidelines being followed:
- No work should be carried out in a household where people are isolating or where an individual is being shielded.
- The cleaners can continue work, providing that they are well and have no symptoms. No work should be carried out by a cleaner who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild, or when someone in their own household has symptoms.
- No work should be carried out in a household where any occupants have any symptoms of Coronavirus.
- Whilst in the house. a cleaner should maintain a safe distance of at least two metres from any household occupant at all times, and ensure good ventilation in the area where they are working, including opening the window.
- Upon entering the home, cleaners should wash their hands using soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Cleaners should wash their hands regularly, particularly after blowing their nose, sneezing or coughing, and when leaving the property.
The good news with regard to cleaning is that the cleaners can social distance from their clients very easily, and we would advise that, if you are at home when they are there, that you remain in a separate room to your cleaner.
If you are happy to adhere to the government guidelines - and if your cleaner has not been in touch already - then please just call your local office and we will ensure that your cleaning starts again as soon as you are ready.
The Cleanhome Team